500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo Overhead Transmission Line and Associated 500 kV Substation in Tskaltubo
Construction of 500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo OHL, which is the most important and strategic project for the Georgian transmission network development, will insure Imereti-500 OHL, one of the most significant transmission lines in Georgia. The Project also implies the safe transfer of new capacities from West Georgia (integration of Enguri HPP into Jvari SS). The Project includes construction of a new 500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo OHL and expansion of the existing Tskaltubo substation with 500 kV wing. Later, the existing Tskaltubo-220 SS will be connected to the new Tskaltubo-500 SS.
- The Project feasibility study finished on 6 September 2017 (consulting company - Fichtner GmbH & Co. KG).
- Under agreement with GOPA-International Energy Consultants GmbH consulting company, the main design and tender documentation preparation works are in progress to conduct a construction tender. These works will be completed after the construction company has been selected and agreement has been signed with it.
- Under agreement with GOPA-International Energy Consultants GmbH consulting company, the Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Report and draft Resettlement Policy are being developed.
- The tender is announced, the tender opening is scheduled on September 18th of this year.
Project Construction Time:
- Estimated date of the Project completion- 2022.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT, PART 1
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT, PART 2
- Resettlement Policy Framework
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PLAN (SEP)
- Labor Management Procedures (LMP)_For disclosure
- Environmental & Social Commitment Plan (ESCP)_For disclosure