Who we are
JSC Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE) is an electricity transmission system operator. Our company owns and operates 3,550 km transmission lines and 93 substations all over the country. Transmission network is managed by the National Dispatch Center and its technical maintenance is provided by the 3 regional networks (East, West and Kakheti). GSE also manages the cross-border transmission lines interconnecting with the neighboring countries: Russia, Turkey, Armenia and Azerbaijan.
GSE is a joint stock company owned by LEPL The National Agency of State Property, while its management rights are transferred to the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia.
GSE provides power transmission and dispatch services all over the country. Transmission is provided from hydro, thermal and wind power plants to power distribution companies and direct customers.
The main areas of GSE activity are to:
- Plan and coordinate electricity generation and consumption
- Provide access to the transmission network
- Develop the transmission network (construct new cross-border and internal transmission lines and substations)
- Maintain the transmission network.
- 100% of GSE shares belong to LEPL The National Agency of State Property.
- The right to manage GSE has been transferred to the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia.
- GSE activities are regulated by the Georgian National Energy and Water Supply Regulatory Commission (GNERC).
- GSE has two subsidiaries: Energotrans Ltd and Karchal Energy (a company operating in Turkey).
GSE gets operating revenue by rendering electricity transmission and dispatch services.
About 1 400 employees are working for the company. The head office is located at No 2 Baratashvili str., Tbilisi.