In order to recover the Transmission Grid from a partial or complete shutdown, it is necessary to have certain generating stations (Black Start power stations) to be capable to start up from the shutdown mode and energize customers autonomously within no more than one (1) hour (without getting electricity from the outside) after the Dispatch Licensee receives appropriate instructions.
As of today, TSOs are able to provide black start using the following power plants:
1. Khrami-1 (JSC Khramhesi-1);
2. Zhinvali HPP (Georgian Water and Power Ltd);
3. Vartsikhe HPP (Vartsikhe 2005 Ltd);
4. Enguri HPP (Engurhesi Ltd);
5. Dariali HPP (JSC Dariali Energy);
6. Lajanuri HPP (JSC Energo-Pro Georgia);
7. Atsi HPP (JSC Energo-Pro Georgia).