220 kV Derchi OHL Reconstruction Project (between Tskaltubo-220 SS and No 74 Support)
220 kV Derchi OHL Reconstruction Project was implemented within the framework of Ten Year Network Development Plan of Georgia approved by Order No 39 of 8 April 2015 of the Minister of Energy of Georgia as agreed with the Government of Georgia at the meeting held on 26 March 2015.
According to the specified scheme, 220 kV Derchi OHL connects Tskaltubo-220 SS with Lajanuri HPP. 162 supports are sited on the entire OHL route. Double-circuit supports are installed from Tskaltubo-220 SS to No 55 Support (on the right side there is Sataplia OHL), while single-circuit supports are installed from No 55 Support to Lajanuri HPP.
Pursuant to the 220 kV Sataplia OHL Rehabilitation Project, Tskaltubo-220 SS and Kutaisi-220 SS are connected with each other with double-circuit 220 kV Sataplia-1,2 OHL. Within the framework of the project, the single-circuit Sataplia section was configured as double-circuit through double-circuit section from No 53 Support of 220 kV Derchi-Sataplia OHL to Tskaltubo substation. A new independent route was built for 220 kV Derchi OHL between Tskaltubo-220 SS and No 74 Support of 220 kV Derchi OHL instead of the section used for Sataplia 1-2.
The new section of Derchi OHL belongs to Tskaltubo Municipality. The land surface elevation ranges between 130-562 m above the sea.
- Cable grade used under the project: AC-400/51
- Static wire type used under the project: C-70
- Length of the project route: 17,89 km
- Number of metal supports to be installed: 60 pieces
- Type of fiber optic cable used: SMF 24G-652D
Reconstruction of 220 kV Derchi OHL (between Tskaltubo-220 SS and No 74 Support) has been completed.
The following works were implemented within the framework of the project:
- 60 (sixty) single-circuit galvanized steel supports were installed on the new, designed route of 22 kV Derchi OHL between Tskaltubo-220 and No 74 Support of Derchi OHL.
- In order to install the supports, 240 pieces of foundations were laid by arranging the grounding contour.
- AC-400/51 cable was laid between Tskaltubo-220 SS and No 74 Support (the route length – 17,89 km) with appropriate overhead-line hardware and garlands.
- OPGW 24 SMF fibre optic cable was laid on the new-built line.
- Project start date: 1 March 2016
- Project completion date: the end of June, 2017
Head of Operation Department
Tel.:+995 32 2 510 202
Head of OHL Rehabilitation Department
Tel.: +995 32 2 510 202
Head of East OHL Rehabilitation Department
Tel.: +995 32 510 202