Central SCADA System Software and Server Upgrade Project
The aim of upgrading the SCADA/EMS system is to ensure that hardware and software responds to modern system requirements, which implies the integration of new objects obtained as a result of electric network development, and, therefore, the processing of increased number of signals. In addition, the new system will be compatible with ENTSO-E standards.
The new high-level architecture of SCADA/EMS (Energy Management System) includes upgraded, transmission network management, monitoring and intellectual features of SCADA, also the Operator Simulator and Dynamic Stability Analysis (SIGUARD DSA) Module.
The upgraded hardware will improve the safe and reliable management process of the energy system.
The World Bank finances the project (Loan No 8377-GE). The Agreement on Transmission Grid Strengthening Project (№IDA/TGSP/DSI/DC/01-2017) was signed with the Austrian company SIEMENS AKTIENGESELLSCHAFT OSSREICH on 21 December 2017. To facilitate the project implementation, an agreement was signed with the supervisory consulting company PricewaterhouseCoopers Georgia LLC on 13 March 2015.
- The design and planning phase is finished
- The design of hardware architecture has been agreed on
- The contractor has finished buying the equipment and started the configuration works
- The database migration to the new system is completed;
- Basic trainings on Data entry / IMM, SCADA system administration, TNA, AGC and modules are completed;
- Factory acceptance (FAT) tests are successfully completed;
- New SCADA system servers and workplaces have been set up in GSE office. Appropriate software has been developed;
- Local (SAT) tests are successfully completed;
- Availability (AV) testing is underway.
Duration of Project Implementation:
- The project started on 22 December 2017.
- The project completion date was May 26, 2020, but due to force majeure circumstances caused by the COVID-19 pandemic outbreak project deadlines have been extended.
Cost of the Project:
- The project cost is EUR 2,819,918.45 (including VAT).