500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo Overhead Transmission Line and Associated 500 kV Substation in Tskaltubo
Construction of 500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo OHL, which is the most important and strategic project for the Georgian transmission network development, will insure Imereti-500 OHL, one of the most significant transmission lines in Georgia. The Project also implies the safe transfer of new capacities from West Georgia (integration of Enguri HPP into Jvari SS). The Project includes construction of a new 500 kV Jvari-Tskaltubo OHL and expansion of the existing Tskaltubo substation with 500 kV wing. Later, the existing Tskaltubo-220 SS will be connected to the new Tskaltubo-500 SS.
- Contracts with the companies that won the international tender were signed on September 25, 2020;
- The construction project of the substation Tskaltubo-500 is implemented by the Turkish company BEST (Balikesir Elektromekanik Sanayi Tesisleri AS and BEST Elektrik Taahut ve Ticaret AS Consortium);
- The construction project of 500 kV OHL Jvari-Tskaltubo is implemented by the Turkish company Bozlar Yapi (Bozlar Yapi Enerji Muhendislik Taahut Bilisim Sanayi ve Ticaret Limit Sirketi);
- The construction projects of Tskaltubo-500 substation and Jvari-Tskaltubo 500 kV OHL are supervised by (Joint Venture/JV) Decon international GmbH (Germany), Consulectra Unternehmensberatung GmbH (Germany), AFRY Schweiz ( Switzerland) and sub-consultant Forma 2 (Georgia).
- Tskaltubo-500 substation project started on November 17, 2020; It will be completed in 2023;
- 500 kV OHL Jvari-Tskaltubo project started on January 5, 2021; It will be completed in 2024.
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT, PART 1
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT REPORT, PART 2
- Resettlement Policy Framework
- STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT PLAN (SEP)
- Labor Management Procedures (LMP)_For disclosure
- Environmental & Social Commitment Plan (ESCP)_For disclosure